Now that fall is here we are starting to catch our breath and reflect on a successful summer at the Tofino Visitor Center.
2021 Summer Visitation Summary:
- July 9229 visitors up 75.5% over 2020
- August 11766 visitors up 70% over 2020
- September 6506 visitors up 17.7% over 2020
We also responded to 3755 inquiries via phone, email and our social media channels.
Although visitation is still below 2019 levels due to the absence of international travellers we are happy to see that many Canadians took advantage of our services, and we are beyond pleased to see a steady stream of Europeans back this fall.
Some of our summer priorities were:
- Managing visitor expectations around openings, closures & wait times. Our team was successful in keeping our “What’s Open” blog post updated.
- Encouraging guests to explore the area through member activities and tours. Our new Tour & Lessons Current Vacancies listing made the information easily accessible to guests who prefer to make their arrangements on-line and for accommodation providers and other businesses assisting their guests with booking activities.
- Ensuring all guests and inquiries were informed of the Kennedy Hill road closures.
- Finding accommodation for the many visitors who arrived without a reservation. We are pleased to say that there were very few days where we were unable to find suitable accommodation for our guests. We also found campsites for hundreds of guests keeping them from rough camping in our neighborhoods, parks and back roads.
Our new fall hours are 10am to 5pm daily. Please continue to send your guests to the Visitor Center for activity bookings, restaurant reservations, maps, ferry bookings, road closure updates, parks passes and general inquiries.