This link provides information to travelers on Highway 4 during the remediation work on Cameron Bluffs. It is updated throughout the day with actual delay information at the highway opening windows and includes links to latest travel advisories for Hwy 4 as a result of unforeseen closures. It also shows planned traffic delays in calendar form July 23-Aug 12. Note: the highway will be open to SLAT (single lane alternating traffic) all day Friday Aug 4 to Monday Aug 7, 2023.
Drivers can also get email notifications when Highway 4 closes and opens by subscribing to DriveBC Notifications.
- Step 1: Go to DriveBC.ca – Under Subscribe click on the email icon or follow this link (https://email.drivebc.ca/choose.php)
- Follow the steps to enter your email
- Step 2: Provides options for the type of notifications and locations.
- Choose ‘Major’ to receive notifications when delays exceed 30 minutes, highways close or Travel Advisories are issued
- Filter by ‘Route’ – choose Highway 4
- Users can select multiple routes or entire areas (e.g Vancouver Island)
- Step 3: Confirm your choices, hit submit and you will begin receiving notifications to your email immediately.