With the continued escalation of COVID-19 we know that Tofino business owners and operators are becoming increasingly more concerned about the safety and health of staff, residents and their businesses. We share these sentiments and have adjusted our activities as noted below:
- All paid advertising has been suspended. These funds will be allocated to a recovery campaign after the threat of COVID-19 dissipates.
- In order to stay connected with our followers we will continue with our organic social posts and focus on inspirational messages that keep Tofino in their hearts.
- “Tourism Outlook Surveys” will be distributed to members regularly. These surveys will provide us with data on forward looking bookings and cancellations that will be used to plan recovery strategies.
- The “What’s Open” bulletin, normally provided in the winter months, will continue to be produced to provide visitors and your front-line staff with up-to-date information on business changes i.e. restaurants offering take-out only, closed services, changed hours.
- We will continue to provide businesses with official information and industry resources. Once available we will also distribute news on the availability of government emergency funding for tourism businesses.
Additionally, Destination BC will soon be rolling out an FAQ tool for business operators and we will let you know once this has been launched. For up-to-date information go to: https://www.destinationbc.ca/news/coronavirus-update/.
These are very difficult times for everyone in the tourism industry in Tofino and worldwide, but our industry will recover. Tourism Tofino is committed to keeping you and our visitors safe and informed.